Re: couple of questions from a new Debian user

On Ma, 14 ian 20, 00:53:26, kaye n wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 5:34 PM Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > https://wiki.debian.org/SynapticsTouchpad
> >
> > Instructions for stretch (Debian 9) should also work for buster.
> >

> You are right. This did it for me:

Just did this myself for a new install :)

> $ mkdir -p /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
> $ echo 'Section "InputClass"
>         Identifier "libinput touchpad catchall"
>         MatchIsTouchpad "on"

>         MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"

This line is most likely not needed (I removed it), but probably doesn't
hurt.

>         Driver "libinput"
>         Option "Tapping" "on"

You might want / need also:

        Option "MiddleEmulation" "on"

for middle-button pasting. From the manpage it's not obvious what is the
default.

> EndSection' > /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf
>
> $ systemctl restart lightdm

Just logging out from the Desktop Environment should have the same
effect.

Kind regards,
Andrei