couple of questions from a new Debian user

Hello Friends!

My system:
Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64
bits: 64
Desktop: Xfce 4.12.4
Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

1.  The file manager Thunar, doesn't seem to remember my column width preferences.  I'm referring to the Name, Size, Type, Modified columns.  Whenever I open Thunar, I have to adjust the Name width, for example, so I can see the longer file names.

2.  The touchpad of my laptop has the area where I can run my finger to move the mouse pointer on the screen (I don't know what it's called so I'll call it mouse tracker), and below it are two buttons, just like a typical laptop touchpad. I can't seem to use the mouse tracker as a button by simply double-tapping it.  I have to move the mouse pointer on the screen and then click on the physical button of the touchpad in order to click on anything.

Thank you for your time.