Re: how to create debian live usb

Quoting kaye n (2020-01-07 04:41:58)
> Hi friends, just wanted to let you guys know that I've successfully
> installed:
>
> debian-live-10.2.0-amd64-xfce+nonfree.iso
>
> on my laptop computer.

Great.  Thanks for sharing (not only your trouble but also) when
succeeding. Much appreciated.

> I think I used fdisk to format the flash drive, then I used the cp command
> to write the isohybrid to flash drive.

For the record (and to repeat what others already pointed out), the
*only* thing you effectively did was the cp command.

partitioning a disk device is *irrelevant* if you then overwrite that
same disk partition with an image containing its own partitioning
scheme.

 - Jonas