Re: Print Settings issue

I don't know what I did but the Print Settings' GUI does not have this message anymore:

Printing service not available.  Start the service on this computer or connect to another server.

Also, on the upper right corner of the GUI there is an Unlock button.  I clicked it and entered my password and now the Add button can be clicked (not greyed out).

I'm not really sure what I did. Could it be that I installed cups? I installed many apps including:

vlc player, kdenlive, smbclient, samba, cifs-utils, gimp, wget, inxi, arp-scan, nmap, seamonkey browser, gparted, virtualbox.

Anyway it's working now, I'll try to add an Epson printer.

Thank you.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:21 PM Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jan 2020 11:50:13 +0800
kaye n <guikaye@gmail.com> wrote:

> Printing service not available.  Start the service on this computer or
> connect to another server.
>
> Also the Add button is greyed out.
>
> Is this normal? How do I add a printer? It's an Epson printer, if it
> matters.

I have the best success setting up printers using CUP's web interface,
which requires a running web server.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com