Re: MUA CLI IMAP and SMTP without ncurses interface

On 2020-01-04, john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I can tell, Mutt uses the ncurses interface
>
> Can I use Mutt without ncurses?
>
> If no, is my only alternative Sup/Notmuch?

Uncertain whether it meets your criteria, but there's a CLI MUA designed
to work nicely with notmuch called 'alot' (written in Python) in the
Debian repositories I don't believe anyone's mentioned just yet.

Handles PGP/MIME encryption and signing (needs a running gpg-agent).

https://packages.debian.org/buster/alot
https://alot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

There's also (as I think you mentioned being a vim man) a vim plugin for
notmuch providing a 'fully usable' mail client interface.

https://github.com/notmuch/notmuch/blob/master/vim/README

But maybe these are the very alternatives you are wishing to avoid, as my
grasp of these matters is tenuous at best.

Good luck.

--
"J'ai pour me guérir du jugement des autres toute la distance qui me sépare de
moi." Antonin Artaud