Re: apple mini

> On Jan 5, 2020, at 02:54 PM, mick crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> yes I know this is Debian user list
> yes I know that apple is unix.
> I got an apple mini to give to somebody
> to clean it up is that
> "userdel"
> "makeusr" or something like that ?
> mick
> --
> Key ID    4BFEBB31

Plain old dd'l fill a disk with zeros or random bytes if you ask nicely. OS X probably has it; if not, a live Linux CD will.

Or if you want a multi-pass DoD wipe, try DBAN:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dban/

It's free and works just fine (I haven't run it on a Mac anything, though), despite the sales pitch on the website and the adware in the software. You download it, burn it to CD, boot the CD, and answer some questions. It wipes all the hard disks it can find.

There are several free Mac disk wipers, too.

--
Glenn English