Re: just a general question really

On 1/3/20, 황병희 <soyeomul@doraji.xyz> wrote:
>> are things getting more complicated because there is something wrong ?
>
> maybe you like off-topic? me too. exactly i'm always on off-topic
> because my chromebook runs ubuntu 18.04 lts.

Debian-Project is a good one to watch. I'd.. go back a couple of
archived months to catch up to speed. Things are... tense. I'm
catching "some" of the history, but it's... on my own personal "back
burner" compared to what's happening in Tiny Town Meatspace, USA...

I thank Debian Developers A LOT EVERY DAY for providing what I'm using
to stomp down a very loud cyber foot against that "what's happening".

All Debian right now. Connected straight to the Internet on one
laptop. Not surprising that it's noticeably faster because only one
operating system is working its magic on the data going in and out.

Wvdial keeps saying I'm connected at 115200 [0] the last couple days.
Beats the 1200 (1.2kb?) from THREE days ago. Printscreened for
posterity.

Worked out of the box on a debootstrap'ed install..

After I buy a couple more of the dial-up modems involved, I'd chat it
up with thoughts on that one hsfmodem thread that came up a couple
months ago. This is the first time in MANY years that Debian has
handled my Internet connection all by itself.

That kind of... makes the recent "tense"... actually hurt a little to
witness as "just a user" peeking in through an open developer
window.....

[0] Rumor used to be it didn't matter what you manually entered for
the "Baud" field, you were going to, at most, get less than 57600,
period. *hm*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dial-up_Internet_access#Using_compression_to_exceed_56k

--
Cindy-Sue Causey