Re: trackpad and installation

Paul Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have noticed that when I try and install Debian with graphical
> installer the track pad doesn't work, if I plug in a mouse it is fine,
>  I can still use the keyboard for the install.
>
> Just tried to install Kali Linux and I am having the same issue, so
> not too sure if there is some sort of bug with the installer and the
> HP Mini 110 netbooks.  Post install the trackpad works fine.
>
> The installer does look very similar to the one used for Debian so I
> am not sure if Kali is based on Debian.  There was a pen testing
> distro based on Arch.
>
> Any suggestions please.

If you can identify how the trackpad is handled post-install,
you could recommend that in a bug to the installer maintainers.

for example, in my X logs, I see things like:

[    29.400] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event17"
[    29.400] (**) Option "_source" "server/udev"
[    29.401] (II) input device 'Logitech M570', /dev/input/event17 is tagged by udev as: Mouse Trackball

-dsr-