emmc not recognised from kernel 4.19

Hi, I have done a lot of testing on my Lenovo S130-11IGM and discovered the internal primary disk (which is an emmc disk) is not recognised correctly. I can boot from Lubuntu 18.04 which uses the 4.15 kernel. It looks like something has changed from 4.19. The ubuntu bug folks suggested running tests on Debian to see when the kernel stopped functioning with this hardware. I can get any detailed info but not sure how to file the bug. I can boot from a live image but obviously cannot install. I'm going to test stretch and see if things are working. The bug reported with ubuntu is here;  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1848883