network-manager-openvpn GUI not keeping automatic VPN connection setting

I hope that subject line doesn't obfuscate the issue.

I'm using Sid/testing with Xfce4 desktop environment, fully updated.

openvpn 2.4.7-1
network-manager-openvpn 1.8.10-1
network-manager-openvpn-gnome 1.8.10-1

Using the GUI I set openvpn to connect automatically to a chosen VPN. I reboot. I do connect to the vpn I selected. However, an examination of the openvpn setting in the GUI indicates a different VPN locale. Subsequent reboots still connect me to the VPN I chose, but the indicator in the GUI still indicates that I have chosen a different VPN.

For instance, I just selected the Atlanta, GA VPN in the interface, rebooted, logged in, and checked which VPN I was connected to. I'm connected to the Atlanta VPN, but the settings GUI says Finland!

Not a serious problem, but an odd one, to say the least.

I have no idea whether or not the following message which occurs at boot time is related in some way:

[FAILED] Failed to start OpenVPN connection to update-systemd-resolved.
See 'systemctl status openvpn@update-systemd-resolved.service' for details.

Issuing the indicated command yields:

● openvpn@update-systemd-resolved.service - OpenVPN connection to update-systemd-resolved Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openvpn@.service; enabled-runtime; vendor preset: enabled) Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2019-11-05 15:17:58 EST; 1s ago
     Docs: man:openvpn(8)
           https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Openvpn24ManPage
           https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/HOWTO
Process: 4314 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/openvpn --daemon ovpn-update-systemd-resolved --status /run/openvpn/update-systemd-resolved.status 10 --cd /etc/openvpn --config /etc/ope>
 Main PID: 4314 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Please excuse short wrap length. Since recent Thunderbird upgrade the client seems unable to write longer lines. Haven't looked into it, yet. Quite annoying, but a subject for another thread.

Thanks!