Re: Want to install info node for elisp in emacs on stretch

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 6:31 AM Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Ma, 15 oct 19, 17:10:49, Dan Hitt wrote:

> I will keep my oar out of the water about the complex beast, but since
> i'm in oldstable, does that mean i need to upgrade before too long?
> (I've been using debian 9 since February 2017.)

If you don't expect or need any security support then you can continue
using stretch for as long as you like, provided you have working
compatible hardware.

In this case please disconnect the system from the internet when it
doesn't receive security updates anymore.

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your mail and the references.

I did upgrade to buster.  When buster itself is no longer getting security support, then i'm assuming sufficient disconnection would be just to make sure the host itself is not connected to a cable modem, although it might be on a local network in which some hosts are  connected (provided that all of the other hosts are current).

dan