Re: no ethernet drivers in testing/10 netinstall image?

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 18:54:55 -0400
Kent Dorfman <kent.dorfman766@gmail.com> wrote:

> title says it all.
>
> There are no ethernet drivers in the modules directory for the
> netinstall image, other than a single broadcomm file...and no, it's
> not an obscure nic that requires custom firmware.  It needs the humble
> e1000 driver.
>
> I'm looking to replace fedora with something having better long term
> support, and a "reasonable" amount of distributed and tracked
> supplemental app packages.
>
> Been a fedora user for many years and just cannot handle the
> ridiculously short release cycles and fast switches to new features
> that I term as "solutions in search of a problem" anymore.  Tried
> centos8 but only about 30% of my needed apps have been built and
> staged in repos.
>
> Would be nice if the netinstall actually worked so that I could better
> evaluate whether to take debian seriously.

Did you:

a) Do the 'expert' install?

b) Have a DHCP server running on your network?

The only circumstances I have ever seen in which networking did not get
installed was in the absence of both those conditions, and many years
ago. I do not know if the installer still behaves in this way, but I
can't think of any other explanation. Obviously, the installer itself
had network access.

--
Joe