no ethernet drivers in testing/10 netinstall image?

title says it all.

There are no ethernet drivers in the modules directory for the
netinstall image, other than a single broadcomm file...and no, it's
not an obscure nic that requires custom firmware.  It needs the humble
e1000 driver.

I'm looking to replace fedora with something having better long term
support, and a "reasonable" amount of distributed and tracked
supplemental app packages.

Been a fedora user for many years and just cannot handle the
ridiculously short release cycles and fast switches to new features
that I term as "solutions in search of a problem" anymore.  Tried
centos8 but only about 30% of my needed apps have been built and
staged in repos.

Would be nice if the netinstall actually worked so that I could better
evaluate whether to take debian seriously.