Re: Dual boot: one legacy, the other uefi

On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 23:29:09 +0200
Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

> Le 07/10/2019 à 09:42, Joe a écrit :
> > On Sun, 6 Oct 2019 23:26:32 +0200
> > Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

> >> Would you mind telling which systems boots in EFI mode and which
> >> one boots in legacy mode ?
> >>
> > Windows 8/8a/10 boot only in EFI.
>
> I don't think so. Source ?

As I Understood It. Definitely, computers certified for these versions
must have EFI mode available, which is not, of course, the same thing.

Yes, even Win10 appears to be able to be installed to boot in legacy
mode. Shows how many Windows installations I've done recently....

But I'm pretty sure that any pre-installed Windows, and very few people
now install it themselves, will be a UEFI installation, which cannot be
changed to boot in legacy mode, nor vice-versa.

--
Joe