Re: Dependencies et al (was: Default Debian install harassed me)

On Mon 07 Oct 2019 at 10:56:30 -0500, David Wright wrote:

> On Mon 07 Oct 2019 at 16:03:21 (+0300), Reco wrote:

[...]

> > Please show a e-mail from the list subscriber that does not have
> > aforementioned attribute, then we'll have something to talk about.
>
> Dead easy. Just configure your email system so that the envelope-from
> does not match your subscribed address. All my list postings lacked
> LDOSUBSCRIBER until April last year for that reason. Judging by one
> of the threads I contributed to at that time, I expect that this is
> when I changed my domain's name from nothing to "corp", and stopped
> exim from nagging me about my FQDN.

That seems good to me (and Reco agrees). Problem: my envelope From
does not match my subscribed address, and is not intended to.

I am still wondering what use it is to "check for the existence of
that LDOSUBSCRIBER value of X-Spam-Status e-mail header *before*
replying to e-mail". How does it affect the actions one takes? Or
is it just another facet of cargo cult?

--
Brian.