Re: Default Debian install harassed me

On Sun, 6 Oct 2019 21:50:54 +0300
"goleo ." <goleo108@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> After installing Debian 10 on my laptop (I choose desktop LXQT)
> I noticed that Xarchiver is preinstalled and it was inconvenient
> to me in the past, so I opened Synaptic to remove it. But when
> I click on "xarchiver" and choose "Mark for Removal" or
> "Mark for Complete Removal" it says it'll install Ark,
> KDE 5 Frameworks and GNUSTEP.

Welcone to the Wonderful Hell of Dependencies.

I don't have a desktop environment on my systems at all, just xorg,
Openbox window manager and lxpanel.  xarchiver got installed as a
"Recommends" of the xfe file manager suite along with a lot of other
stuff xfe uses.  Trying to uninstall it once it's installed is an
exercise of futility. Personally, I don't use it.  It just sits on the
system ignored.