Re: Problems with Buster and Bluetooth

David Parker wrote:

> I'm starting to suspect that this is mostly a bluetooth issue and not
> really a PA one.  I struggle to get these earbuds connected whether
> PulseAudio is involved or not.  I can trust them and pair them just fine,
> but the actual connection generally fails, and when it does work, it
> doesn't stay connected for long.  I'm not sure how to check the BT power
> strength, but bluetoothctl reports that the controller is powered:

OK, but in Jessie you had bluez 5.23-2+deb8u1 and in Stretch 5.43-2+deb9u1
and in buster 5.50-1. Can you confirm which you had in Jessie and which in
what you use now?

PA is as following
        pulseaudio-module-bluetooth (5.0-13)
        pulseaudio-module-bluetooth (10.0-1+deb9u1)
        pulseaudio-module-bluetooth (12.2-4+deb10u1)

did you use PA in Jessie at all?

I also find it difficult debugging, I usually do both BT and PA but if you
think it is BT you can try hcidump (sudo hcidump -i hci0). You can also
monitor dbus
        $ dbus-monitor --system

and for the curiosity paste here output of
        $ hciconfig -a
        $ sdptool browse <earplugs mac>
please

regards