Re: OT: Reason to buy a Raspberry Pi ;-) (was Re: shell wrappers for trig and other mathematical functions)

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 02:06:03PM -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> Anyway, my thinking on this topic is that I wouldn't mind having a program
> dedicated to the uses the OP brought up (I keep a session of bc - l open in a
> terminal for quick calculations).

So do I.  Several of them, in fact -- basically one for each desktop
where I am likely to want to do some arithmetic.  I could just use one
bc -l window and "sticky" it so that it appears in all desktops, but
I've found that the calculations I do in a given desktop depend on
which browser games I've got going in that particular desktop.  So I
don't share a single calculator session with them all.