OT: Reason to buy a Raspberry Pi ;-) (was Re: shell wrappers for trig and other mathematical functions)

Somewhat OT, but (maybe) interesting anyway?

For a long time, I've been aware of the program Mathmatica (by Wolfram
Research) that does a lot of math, including, iirc, things like symbolic
integration and differentiation.  (Everybody should have those capabilities at
their finger tips ;-)

Anyway, my thinking on this topic is that I wouldn't mind having a program
dedicated to the uses the OP brought up (I keep a session of bc - l open in a
terminal for quick calculations).

But I couldn't remember the name of the Mathmatica program (nor the guy who
wrote it, who is fairly famous for it), so I went googling and came up with
the following pages which reminded me of the name, but also pointed out that,
apparently if you buy a Raspberry Pi, you get a free copy of Mathmatica.  So,
I will seriously consider buying a Raspberry Pi.

(The (Wikipedia) pages listed below also give the names of various competitors
to Mathmatica, including Mathcad -- disclaimer -- I've never used either of
these programs, nor probably any of the others listed on these pages (but I
didn't really look at the names of the other programs):)

   * [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_computer_algebra_systems]]

   * [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_numerical-
analysis_software]]