Re: Debian9.6 upgrades to Debian 10 byitself.

~# apt dist-upgrade to finish the task
Buster is quite stable, using it on most of our machines, no glitches.

On 6/29/19 4:32 PM, aprekates wrote:
In my main desktop box i've always upgraded to Debian stable.
But i used to wait for a point release.

Anyway since i made my system a mix .. i'll do it know to clear things
up. I hope!

On 30/6/19 2:26 π.μ., Matthew Crews wrote:
From: aprekates <aprekates@posteo.net>
Sent: Sun Jun 30 00:45:12 CEST 2019
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Debian9.6 upgrades to Debian 10 byitself.

Thanks for the reply.

You'r right. The problem was in my sources.

Two weeks ago i tried sth and forgot to revert back
the correct ones..

Now i wonder what damage i've done.

My system booted ok . It seems like debian 9.  No observable changes to
login screen or KDE.

Although kde info reports: Plasma 5.8.6 and
uname reports Linux 4.9.0-7

Sounds like you have a partially installed Debian Buster. This is what can happen when you change your sources, but you don't do a full-upgrade. Generally it probably isn't good to run this way.

Now is a good time to upgrade to Buster at least! Buster is expected to release next week, and for the most part is ready for use, unless you have certain hardware that you want to keep on Stretch.

First, I would back up your data.

Next, I would change your sources to point to buster (not testing), and:

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt full-upgrade

and fully upgrade your system to Buster.

-Matt