Re: Numeric keypad not working on Gnome lock screen

(Please keep me in CC, as I'm not subscribed to the mailing list)

On Sun, 2019-06-23 at 19:16 +0300, andreimpopescu@gmail.com wrote:
> On Lu, 13 mai 19, 11:29:10, Steven Post wrote:
> >
> > Recently the numeric keypad stopped working on the Gnome lock screen.
>
> More information would be necessary here, e.g. what Debian version you
> are running, if you upgraded any packages recently, etc.

I'm running Debian 9 (stable), up-to-date.

> > When booting, the numlock is in the 'off' state and I can simply turn
> > it on by pressing the numlock key'. When I lock the screen (Super+L),
> > the numlock light is still on, but pressing a number activates the
> > second function (arrow, pg up, etc.), I can get numbers by holding the
> > 'shift' key, but not by setting the numlock in either ON of OFF.
>
> Is your keypad working correctly everywhere outside the lock screen?

Yes, although it is off by default, except after logging into Gnome.
The problem only exists with the lock screen, it works normally on the login
screen (gdm3).

> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Regards,