Re: Off topic: German. Was: Off topic: Carbon. Was: Off topic: remaja (teens)

Cool I didn't know it was Marx Bros.
In one of their movies Groucho is hugging a tall blonde who keeps saying "Hold me closer". Finally he says, "I get any closer I'll be on the other side of you". :-)

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019, 11:26 AM Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
On 2019-06-23, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, June 23, 2019 09:55:33 AM Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
>> "If I told you you had beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
>> -same sketch
>
> Something makes me think / remember that was not original with Monty Python --
> I think it was Groucho Marx who said the same thing (or something very
> similar) before Monty Python.

Wikipedia claims it's Groucho (from the TV show 'You Bet Your Life.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_I_Said_You_Had_a_Beautiful_Body_Would_You_Hold_It_Against_Me

--
“Decisions are never really made – at best they manage to emerge, from a chaos
of peeves, whims, hallucinations and all around assholery.” – Thomas Pynchon