Re: Intended question - was {Re: Forgot name of Debian "configuration" {wrong word?} file}

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019, 2:17 PM Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

I'm not experimenting with the installation process, but with what I
want the result to be.

Those are 2 sides of the same coin.

>    Does  top  show much use of swap anyway?)

Not a parameter of my experiment's protocol.
As I do not "know" how much swap space I require, I provide

Once again you contradict yourself. Sentence 1 states that you are experimenting  but Sentence 2 complains that you don't know.

swap space
based on conservative estimates of _typical_ requirements. That
logically leads to my preference for a SINGLE large swap vs multiple
small swap areas. *YMMV* !!!

I can't parse that.

You said you were going to look into fstab. That's how you parse that :-)

> You've been flogging this dead horse for at least seven years now.

Horse ain't dead.

"It's dead Jim" - Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek

No
require my failures to be deterministic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was proven impossible in the 1930s by Alonzo Church and Alan Turing.
:-)

VM's are intrinsically unknown quantities.

Never, ever say that to Linus Torvalds.
Or Lennart Poettering.
:-)