Re: Reading pdf files

>> in general I do not have a problem reading a pdf file with either xpdf
>> or documentviewer.
>>
>> But once in a while I get a pdf file that they cannot read and then I
>> have to go to Windows to open it.
>>
>> What is so spectacular about these files that they cannot be read by the
>> above mentioned programs? Is there another program that would read such
>> a file?

It's hard to tell, without having those files. PDF has many variants and
options. I too have encountered some, though very few, which only open
with Adobe Reader. As I recall, they were just PDF "shells" with
instructions to load actual contents remotely...

--
Sarunas Burdulis
Systems Administrator, Dartmouth Mathematics