Re: Preseed file and hostname not used on installed system

On 2019-06-11, john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:

> In other words, how can I set the hostname while using a preseed file
> loaded with 'auto url=server'.
>
> Any input is welcome.

Maybe this bug report (patch from canonical at bottom) will be of help
(although the patch checks for netcfg/hostname in the preseed at
post-install time and proceeds from there, a method that I believe was
alluded to by Jude).

--
“Decisions are never really made – at best they manage to emerge, from a chaos
of peeves, whims, hallucinations and all around assholery.” – Thomas Pynchon