Re: Privacy policy of packages/softwares installed in Debian

Gene writes:
> All of that I'm well aware of Tomas. So yes "should" is a bit stronger
> sounding than I intended.  But at my thinkers age, I'd like to think I
> have sense enough left to know my limits.  So I ask.  I am behind the
> curve of any modern language, even bash scripts I wrote 10 years ago
> can be a puzzle when they miss-fire until I've mentally stepped thru
> them several times. Its even personally embarrassing if when I find
> the why, and wonder WIH did I do it that way?

Programming adage: Never make your code so clever that you can just
barely understand it yourself because *you* will have to understand it
in the future and you won't be this clever then.

On the other hand "What idiot designed this?  Oh.  It was me." is an
ordinary engineering experience.

You can help the maintainers by running Unstable or Testing and filing
bug reports.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com