Re: tea4cups=printer screwup

On Wed 05 Jun 2019 at 13:41:48 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> I just removed tea4cups, totally.  Why? It totally screws up a print job.

It's liable to do that when the user is clueless.

> First, it prevents the use of a printers duplex ability, thereby doubling
> the use of paper.

The second claim cannot be countered; the first claim is completely
baseless.

> Second, it spits out the single sided job it does print, face up so the
> stack requires a hand sort to put page 1 on top of the stack.  Sheesh.

It, and the printing system, is probably doing what it is being told to
do.

> Surely the printer folks can do better than that. So its gone. Nuked.
> Removed. Deleted.

For the benefit of -user readers who might stick with this thread, note
that the installation of cups-tea4cups is the choice of a user. On being
installed it does nothing and requires configuration. We do not have a
glimmer of what it is being used for and what was put in tea4cups.conf.

A ranting and raving approach to life could get you dinner with the UK's
Queen, but it doesn't work here and tea and buns are not on offer.

--
Brian.