Re: Replacing Pulseaudio with Alsa alone

Hi,

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 15:55:34 -0400
Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> Kaj Persson wrote:
> > I am running Debian 9 Stretch. After the OS install the Pulseaudio is
> > by default the standard audio system with Alsa as the executor. Which
> > is the best strategy to remove Pulseaudio and instead letting Alsa be
> > the one and only audio system? Are there any serious disadvantages
> > doing so?
>
> There is one serious disadvantage: Firefox doesn't support audio
> in any other way except PulseAudio.

is that actually true? Here I can watch videos on yt or vimeo for example
in firefox with sound perfectly intact without pulseaudio installed.
In which situations does sound in ff not work?

Regards

Michael

There's no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy.  There is
nothing good in war.  Except its ending.
		-- Abraham Lincoln, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5