Re: tftp problem

On 6/3/19 11:48 AM, deloptes wrote:

>> Response, run as root:
>> atftpd: can't bind port :69/udp
>>

> why do you have /udp after the port? Check the config

1) I don't; atftpd put it there. TFTP is UDP on port 69, isn't it?

2) What config? The closest thing to a config I could find was
/etc/default/atftpd. And it looked to me like it was ignoring that.

>> They're just kidding. I think -- I don't know what they mean by 'bind'.
>> I've saved configs over tftp from my Juniper firewall and my Cisco router.
>
> This usually means that the process can start listening on that port

But if it means it can start listening, why say anything about it? They
didn't tell me the sky is blue.

And why not say any more? I was hoping for some useful info about what
was wrong.

I went into the startup script in init.d, hung a '.sh' on the filename,
added some debugging echo statements, and commented out what I suspected
was be making the script not print any of the echos.

When I ran the file as a shell script, it chatted a bit. And most most
importantly, the daemon started and it started writing into the correct
directory. I need to see if I can get the s.*d word to do that.

Thanks folks. You've given me info on a direction to go with this.

--
Glenn English