Re: That time IPv6 farted in Gene's church (Was Re: forcedeth?)

Curt <curty@free.fr> writes:

> On 2019-05-28, Joe Pfeiffer <pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:
>
>>   experimental: 1.18.0-1
>> Please try to verify if the bug you are about to report is already
>> addressed by these releases.  Do you still want to file a report
>> [y|N|q|?]?
>
> Think I might've entered 'q' here on the off chance it represented the word
> quit. Maybe it means "'q'ueue the report for further reflection," though.
>
> ;-)

No, it does mean 'quit'

>> (at which point I entered a ^C since I didn't actually want to report a
>> bug)
>>

> 'N' also seems a reasonable alternative. 'y' is first in line, but 'N'
> is upper case, and there must be a reason for that, so I'm thinking if
> you just hit enter the default would be to do nothing (no).

I don't remember...  I don't think I've ever taken the default option!

> On a more serious note, as exim is set up to deliver only local mail on
> many machines (default installation), what happens when you cannot hand
> your bug report over to a sendmail-like MTA?

The exim4 installation provides a symbolic link

snowball:558$ ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 May  7 11:44 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> exim4*