Re: next amd64 stretch problem

On Monday 06 May 2019 11:40:42 am Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> Quoting Gene Heskett (2019-05-06 17:06:34)
>
> > On Monday 06 May 2019 04:05:46 am Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > In recent times, Pulseaudio "hijacks" direct ALSA access by
> > > registering with ALSA as a virtual audio card, which reroutes
> > > through its pipeline and then sending out audio through the real
> > > audio card.
> > >
> > > You can force avoid Pulseaudio by starting an application like
> > > this from a terminal:
> > >
> > >   pasuspender -- speaker-test
> >
> > which gets me total silence, except for a low level beep from kmail
> > (trinity version r14.0.6) as mail is incoming.  What does that tell
> > us?
>
> Not certain but seems to me an indication that indeed Pulseaudio is
> involved.  One way to doublecheck if that's the case is to ask ALSA
> which audio cards are available, and which of them is card #0.

Well, I've uprooted pulse and pulled in the rest of alsa. No sound before
or after a reboot now. But I just ran alsamixergui, and found the front
speakers tunred off.  So I have audio again, about 4x louder than
before. So take that Leonart P.  Now get lost, go code for a winderz
startup.  And a big thank you to all the alsa developers.

>  - Jonas

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)