Re: xorriso and the "-md5 on" option [SOLVED]

On Sun 22 Dec 2019 at 09:24:19 +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i wrote:
> > > Others here will surely have proposals how to verify a whole pool tree.
>
> Brian wrote:
> > I can get the MD5sum for each file in the ISO and for each extracted
> > file. I suppose it is a matter of meaningfully comaparing both lists.
>
> If you only want to know whether the extraction worked flawlessly, you
> could simply compare the files in the mounted ISO and the extracted pool
> tree. Command "diff -q -r" should be able to do this.

Eventually I ended up doing this. For my purposes it seems to work well.

The deb files in the first six ISOs are being used to form the basis of
an archive on a USB stick and I was getting apt refusing to install a
handful of files because their checksums differed from what it expected.

I thought about Charles Curley's apt-cacher-ng suggestion but, while
having apt take care of everything was an attractive idea, it doesn't
quite answer my needs.

I took the md5sum.txt files on each ISO and, after a bit of editing, got
them in a single file.

  md5sum `find -follow -type f` > md5sum.txt

gives me a file for the archive. 'diff -a --suppress-common-lines -y'
does the comparison of the two files.

--
Brian.