Re: Home made backup system

rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
>>   if test -z "$home" -o \! -d "$home" ; then
>
> What does the -o \! do -- hmm, I guess \! is a bash "refeence" to the owner --
  no, -o is logical or in that context.
the backslash is just protecting the ! operator
which is the not operator on what follows.

  i'm not going to go any further with reading
whatever script that is.  i don't want to be
here all evening.  ;)

  when searching the bash man pages you have to
be aware of context as some of the operators
and options are used in many places but have
quite different meanings.

  songbird