Re: unstable: directory pulse in root directory : /pulse where from?

On 12/14/19, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sb, 14 dec 19, 10:04:34, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
>> Brian wrote on 13/12/2019 21:29:

>> > https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
>> >
>> That doesn't help, the same way as
>>
>> $ dpkg -S /pulse
>> dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /pulse
>>
>> fails to give any clue.
>> The directory is generated at boot-time. But I wasn't able to find any
>> hint in
>> systemd or udev conf-files.
>
> You could try to use inotify to find out what is creating it.
>
> My money is on pulseaudio ;)

Something about pulseaudio, maybe a "pa" in a file name somehow, is
what coincidentally hit my radar, too... just a few seconds ago.

Got forced offline another 3 weeks with more hardware failure. Am
trying to get ANOTHER dialup modem running directly via Debian. That
meant poking around in /etc where there sits, of all things, a /pulse
directory in *my* setup..

I THINK... I saw one or more files ending in... maybe DOTca? In case
that helps..

What I was already thinking when I read this thread hours ago is that
it sounds like a misfire in where the /pulse directory is setting up
its home base. Mine appears basically permanent. Maybe this other one
is a cranky sort that keeps re-establishing itself the way I've seen
some packages do with files if they're missing at startup.

BUT....... my experience with THOSE files reappearing as needed (if
deleted intentionally or otherwise) is that THOSE files are usually
something found under /home/user buried within all those dot
directories accessed via CTRL+H.....

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with birdseed... annnd... a dial-up modem that is SO CLOSE to
working directly through Debian. SO CLOSE. *