Re: Running sudo without being in sudo group.

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 11:22:56 +0200
aprekates <aprekates@posteo.net> wrote:

> In https://wiki.debian.org/sudo it says:
>
> In order for a user to run sudo, the user must belong to group=sudo.
>
> But i see that adding a line in /etc/sudoers can allow me execute
> sudo without being in the sudo group.
>
> Do i miss sth or the wiki miss sth?
>
> Alexandros.

Group sudo is the easy way of granting full root power to users, which
is fine for a home PC with one user. /etc/sudoers can be a bit
difficult for beginners to learn.

But if you want to tailor what particular users can do as root, and do
this across a network, then you must use /etc/sudoers to get fine
control.

In fact you are advised to create your own files in /etc/sudoers.d as
that way the base /etc/sudoers can be upgraded without messing up your
additions.

--
Joe