Re: dropbox security situation

Am Samstag, 7. Dezember 2019, 18:06:37 CET schrieb Jude DaShiell:
Hi Jude,

I know, there were several security issues with dropbox in the past, that
frightened me. So dropbox would not be my first choice, although it is most
used by people. (Windows is also most used by people, think of your own).

My search lead me to nextcloud or SpiderOakOne. SpiderOakOne is my personal
favourite, because it is cheap and had no serious security issues (as far as I
know). And it is opensource.

However, there are a lot of cloud solutions offered, many are closed source,
some are open source. Dropbox is just the best known.

Putting files into a cloud is IMHO always a risk, you know, they are in the
internet, but you do not know WHERE.

To your question: I do not believe, that this was a direct attack, I more
beilieve, this was just an attack by some automatically and unmanned bots.

Trusting third parties like dropbox and all the others is always a risk and
secret data should always be under ones own control. Always!

So, this were just my thoughts of your message.

Best regards

Hans