Re: Lua doesn't load the MySQL driver

On Jo, 05 dec 19, 12:02:52, Bjoern Schiessle wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-12-04 at 21:48 +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 08:16:49PM +0100, Bjoern Schiessle wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I run the XMPP server Prosody on a Debian server which I recently
> > > updated to Buster. Since the update the Prosody server refuses to
> > > connect to the MariaDB database. The log shows following error:
> > >
> > > Nov 30 22:09:15 sql debug   Connecting to [MySQL] prosody...
> > > Nov 30 22:09:15 sql debug   Database connection was closed. Will
> > > reconnect and retry.
> > > Nov 30 22:09:15 sql debug   Retrying SQL transaction
> > > [function(mod_storage_sql.lua:137)]
> > > Nov 30 22:09:15 sql debug   Connecting to [MySQL] prosody...
> > > Nov 30 22:09:15 sql debug   SQL transaction retry failed
> > > Nov 30 22:09:15 sql error   Error in SQL transaction:
> > > /usr/local/share/lua/5.2/DBI.lua:53: Cannot load driver MySQL.
> >        ^^^^^
> >
> > Hm. This looks like a locally installed driver, not the
> > distribution's...
>
> That's interesting. I didn't noticed it. A apt-file search for this
> file doesn't give me any result. Also no luarocks packages are
> installed according to "loarocks list".
>
> Maybe this come from another repository I no longer use. Is there a way
> to find out from which package/source the file was originally installed
> beside apt-file, which only works if the repository with the package is
> still there?

If it comes from a .deb package dpkg should know about it, try
'dpkg -S'.

JFYI, according to Debian Policy 9.1.2 [link] official packages must not
install anything in /usr/local as this is the location reserved for
software installed from source (make; make install).

[link]
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#site-specific-programs

Kind regards,
Andrei