Tab completion problem / puzzle

Lately when I press tab on the command line, I get something strange.  Today,
I simply pressed tab on an otherwise blank command line, and I got the
following:

It happens in only one tab of one konsole, so I'm sure I can get rid of it by
quitting that tab, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has seen something
similar.  It almost looks like it is echoing the actual commands involved in
the tab completion.

(I substituted ellipsis for part of the path, but the same thing occurs
regardless of the path.  I'm using bash in Wheezy.)

<quote>
 rhk@s19:/rhk/.../sciteSource$ + local compdir=./completions
+ [[ /usr/share/bash-completion/bash_completion == */* ]]
+ compdir=/usr/share/bash-completion/completions
+ . /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/
+ complete -F _minimal ''
+ return 124
</quote>