Re: WiFi connection failure with octopi

Quoting Thomas George (2019-11-30 18:53:50)
> There are two years of posts of this problem to the Octopi users group.
> I have read many and tried various solutions without success.
>
> The solution should be easy. With the headless octopi-buster-lite-0.17.0
> as the operating system installed in raspberrypi 3 B+ I find:
>
> iwlist wlan0 scan finds a strong signal, 70/70, with netgear70 for the ssid.
>
> wpa-supplicant.com contains the netgear70 ssid together with its password.
>
> The two just need to talk to each other.
>
> For a check:
>
> The pc is a raspberrypi 3 B+.  With an sd card burned with
> Raspbian-Stretch the WiFi connection is made on boot up. As I remember
> upon the initial boot up WiFi was not connected but clicking on the icon
> gave a selection of nearby routers by their ssid's. I chose netgear70,
> entered the password and that was it.

You talk about Raspbian and "octopi".

I guess by "octopi" you mean https://github.com/guysoft/OctoPi - which
(from a quick glance) is a derivative of Raspbian, which itself is a
derivative of Debian.

> Any advice?

My advice would be to use Debian.  And then share on this mailinglist
more details on how - on Debian - the issues you experience.

Or alternatively that you discuss your Raspbian issues on Raspbian fora.

 - Jonas