Re: USB Examiner Package? Special USB Kernel Modules?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 03:03:17PM -0500, Kenneth Parker wrote:

[...]

> Many thanks!  I *will* Enjoy this Ride [...]

:-)

> Once again, let's cool down a bit:  I'm not "knee jerk connecting" all USB
> Devices [...]

Sometimes we all do. It's a question of trust -- who checks each and every
thumb drive just bought at the store. OTOH, just having an idea of the sheer
complexity hidden beneath that seemingly simple surface may help to cope
with the consequences.

After all, there's a little computer hidden in that seemingly humble stick.
Some folks have succeeded in reprogramming that (some of the badusb links
on Hackaday are of this kind).

That's extremely difficult to test: imagine the thing programmed to get
only active during full-moon and behave otherwise as a normal stick?

Cheers
-- t