Re: scanner problem

On Sun 24 Nov 2019 at 17:30:07 +0000, Brian wrote:

> On Sun 24 Nov 2019 at 18:11:23 +0100, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 24 Nov 2019, Brian wrote:
> >
> > > Install with
> > >
> > >  sh hplip-3.19.11-plugin.run
> >
> >    thank you Brian for this tip. It worked perfectly.
> >    your link is actually better than the one I found with Google:
> >
> >    https://www.openprinting.org/download/printdriver/auxfiles/HP/plugins/
> >
> >    where the most recent is 3.19.6

I forgot to commend you for getting scanning work. I also forgot to
tell you off. :)

Your device is supported since HPLIP 3.16.1. Debian has packages in
stretch, buster and unstable to suit you, so there should be no need
to install the latest from HPLIP. Time and time again I see users
doing this and making problems for themselves.

--
Brian.