Re: scanner problem

On Sun 24 Nov 2019 at 18:11:23 +0100, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Nov 2019, Brian wrote:
>
> > Install with
> >
> >  sh hplip-3.19.11-plugin.run
>
>    thank you Brian for this tip. It worked perfectly.
>    your link is actually better than the one I found with Google:
>
>    https://www.openprinting.org/download/printdriver/auxfiles/HP/plugins/
>
>    where the most recent is 3.19.6

The openprinting site depends on upstream HPLIP sending the plugins
there. Obviously, upstream have been lax. A pity.

If you had looked at

  https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/supported_devices/index

you would have seen that the HP LaserJet Pro MFP m227fdn is said not to
require a plugin. /usr/share/hplip/data/models/models.dat confirms this
with

  plugin=0
  plugin-reason=0

*Except* models.dat also has

  scan-type=5

This type is SOAP2, a proprietary protocol, which needs the plugin.

--
Brian.