Re: get an alert when a mail arrives from certain addresses

On Friday 22 November 2019 22:27:46 007@caiway.net wrote:

> > If Claws is doing that fetching job for you, you're at the mercy
> > of the Claws developers on whether they've thought of your needs.
> >
> > Cheers
> > -- tomás
>
> Claws is doing that fetching job for me at the moment (and for the
> last 10 years or so).
> But I need to chance that because everything has to be functioning
> headless.
> I wil have a look into that fetching from the command line.

Just one of the reasons I use fetchmail and procmail as background
processes. Removing the fetching duties from kmail makes it a lot
smoother and friendlier. By watching their activities of depositing
incoming mail in /var/mail/*, kmail knows within microseconds as
inotifywait sends kmail a message when /var/mail/* is closed. Editing
this message you are reading has so far used one mouse click.  Computers
are supposed to save you work, not make it. Now I'll send this with a
ctrl+return, and the + key takes me to the next unread massage.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis