Re: get an alert when a mail arrives from certain addresses

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 02:17:09AM +0100, sp007@caiway.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Claws Mail since ages. Very good!
> Now I want to get an alert when a mail arrives from certain addresses.

This will depend on the resto of your mail setup.

Does your "Claws Mail" (this is your "Mail User Agent" or MUA) fetch
the mail from somewhere else? Or from "your computer"? In the first
case you perhaps have to change your set-up in a way that your mail
is fetched by some intermediate software (for example "fetchmail",
but there are many other options) -- and this can trigger whatever
actions (e.g. process via "procmail", as mentioned by Dan elsewhere
in this thread).

If Claws is doing that fetching job for you, you're at the mercy
of the Claws developers on whether they've thought of your needs.

Cheers
-- tomás