Re: bluetooth mouse and keyboard stop working after some time

Hi Federico,

Quoting Federico Beffa (2019-11-18 20:54:37)
> I recently purchased bluetooth mouse and keyboard to use with a Debian
> 9 machine.  I could pair the devices without problems and they do work
> for some time. However, after some time they stop working.  I suspect
> that some timeout triggers. (After a reboot they start working again
> for some time.)
>
> I'm using kernel linux-image-4.19.0-0.bpo.6-amd6.
>
> Below is an excerpt from /var/log/syslog showing that the Bluetooth
> module is shutting down.
>
> Any suggestions?

Try disable power management for the bluetooth device driver.

Easiest to play with that is probably to install and use powertop, which
hints at what it changes so that (if succesful) you can transfer those
changes to e.g. lines in a new file /etc/sysctl.d/local-powersave.conf

NB! You may need to disable power management not only from device driver
but also drivers of underlying bus.  You can get a topological view of
the USB bus with this command:

  lsusb --tree

...and a topological view of your whole machine with this:

  lshw | less

 - Jonas