Re: XFCE and auto-raise too fast

On 11/18/19, Bhasker C V <bhasker@unixindia.com> wrote:

>   Attached is screenshot of the settings I have used.
>
>   The auto-raise interval on the other hand is not honouring the
> setting. No matter what the raise interval is configued as, the windows
> auto-raise in 0.5 seconds. Please could someone tell me if I am missing
> something ?

Maybe... one setting is taking precedence over the other? Order of
appearance can have a very frustrating effect in some aspects of
programming. CSS stylesheets within website design always instantly
come to mind there, but maybe networking has some nice examples closer
to what's being asked here.

Have you tried untoggling (unclicking/unchecking) one or the other of
those settings to see if it changes things? I'm a-suming *yes*, but it
never hurts to ask anyway. :)

Looking hard at your printscreen, it just FEELS LIKE there could be
conflict between "Focus follows mouse" having a time delay setting...

AND THEN... there exists that secondary, DIFFERENT time delay setting
that SEEMS TO say it is triggered by-y-y....

A window more generically receiving focus by *any* means available to the user.

Maybe that's bottlenecking its response somehow?

Like maybe it could use slightly more specific IF/ELSE/THEN(?) steps
to cover more usage cases that are individually tied to those initial
radio buttons at the top?

Like maybe the radio buttons could be aligned vertically instead of
horizontally...

AND THEN offer the various time delay option check boxes, etc, such as
they vary specifically based on "Click to focus" versus "Focus follows
mouse"?

It's been a while since I found that XFCE perk, but I can still
remember having to second guess the intents, the action/reaction
relationships there myself........ :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey