Re: intel video

D. R. Evans composed on 2019-11-11 16:04 (UTC-0700):

> The chip is an E3-1245, which is supposed to be able to operate at 4096x2304
> resolution.

> Any suggestions as to what I might need to do to improve at least the
> logged-in resolution?

Try a different video cable type if you can.

pastebinit /var/log/Xorg.0.log
or
pastebinit ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log

whichever of the two exists and is the newer if both exist. From there we might be
able to turn an error message into a solution.

At the grub menu use the E key to edit the linux line to include

	plymouth.enable=0
and/or
	video=1920x1080

might be worth testing to see if it makes a difference.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/