Re: KISS gpg

>> So I think you're stuck with copying by hand the actual file that
>> holds the private key (somewhere in ~/.gnupg) if you want to "export"
>> it.  Once you've done that, you can put it in "another-dir" with
>> a similar structure and then use
>>
>>     gpg --homedir ../another-dir --change-passphrase
>>
>> to change its passphrase.
>
> That would be the idea. And for that, I need a KISS gpg, because current
> gpg does not honor the homedir setting for private keys, because it uses
> the agent instead. This is exactly the problem.

Yuck!  Now I see what you mean.
Indeed, it seems to go through a socket placed in:

    % gpgconf --list-dirs | grep agent
    agent-ssh-socket:/run/user/20848/gnupg/S.gpg-agent.ssh
    agent-extra-socket:/run/user/20848/gnupg/S.gpg-agent.extra
    agent-browser-socket:/run/user/20848/gnupg/S.gpg-agent.browser
    agent-socket:/run/user/20848/gnupg/S.gpg-agent
    %

so even changing $HOME won't help and I don't see any envvar which
influences it.  I suggest you contact the GPG development folks (maybe
open an issue for it).

        Stefan