Re: What has fowled sshfs in buster

On Sunday 27 October 2019 11:49:30 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Sunday 27 October 2019 11:29:31 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > It has worked flawlessly since at least wheezy, but suddenly user
> > 1000 has no write perms to the sshnet subdir named as argument 2 in
> > the command line. this, executed as me, user 1000 on this system
> >
> > sshfs pi@rpi4:/ /sshnet/rpi4
> >
> > How can I fix this?
> >
> > Some background
> > gene@coyote:/etc/ssh$ ls /sshnet
> > GO704  hm2_rpspi.c  lathe  picnc  redpitaya  rock64  rpi4  Sheldon
> > shop vna
> > gene@coyote:/etc/ssh$ sshfs pi@rpi4:/ /sshnet/rpi4
> > fusermount: user has no write access to mountpoint /sshnet/rpi4
> >
> > The machines currently not plugged into the network are Sheldon
> > picnc rock64 and redpitaya. hm2_rpspi.c is a c source text file.
> >
> > Thanks all.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> PS; I can't find sshfs running on the rpi4 running buster-10.1 nor a
> method to start it. But its installed and claimed to be the latest.
>

> Cheers, Gene Heskett

I got it: Brute force I think you call this
sudo chmod 1777 /sshnet/rpi4
sudo chown 1000:1000 /sshnet/rpi4
sshfs pi@rpi4:/ /sshnet/rpi4
ls /sshnet/rpi4
bin  boot  dev  etc  home  lib  lost+found  media  mnt  opt  proc  root
run  sbin  srv  sys  tmp  usr  var

Now, move some stuff where folks can get it from my web pages. Done, see
at link below, in lathe-stf/linuxcnc4rp4.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis