question about network connections

hello,
what tests can I do to find out what is happening with internet connection ?
I have pfsense as router connecting to ISP's broadband box.
I think pfsense does that DHCP but also I might have names to ipadresses in host files but just for local network addresses. I have debian apache on local network offering a page with links like my bookmarks

Problem is there is one site that sometimes it loads sometimes it times out.
I connect from windows-> apache web page of links-> internet site.
I've run wireshark in the past but have no idea what to make of the results.

What can I run and where to see where is not working ? If is me or them.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31